Friday, August 11, 2017

Pail of Hollyhocks



At first I was stumped as to what I could do with these two colors other than having some orange leaves falling out of a blue sky -- I think I did a card like that last year.  I wanted something totally different and tried to think outside the box -- that's when I realized a heart against the blue sky would really set off some flowers and thus the process began.

I stamped the Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card Fluff Background stamp in Salty Ocean distress ink then cut out the Spellbinder's Classic Heart and painted that with Salty Ocean also.  To make the hollyhocks, I cut them out of white cardstock then colored the stems with a Peeled Paint distress marker and painted the flowers with watered down Spiced Marmalade distress ink.  I also watercolored the tall grass with watered down Peeled Paint distress ink.

The pail was cut using silver mirror board but looks like it's red in the photo.

Products Used:  Impression Obsession Fluff Cover-A-Card Background stamp, IO Pail, IO Hollyhocks, IO Tall Grass, Spellbinders Classic Hearts, IO Stamps MC662 Thanks


I'm also entering this in the Crop Stop Anything Goes Challenge

and


Thank you for stopping by ~ Ann


5 comments:

  1. My goodness! What a glorious creation, Ann! I have never seen anything like it! Using the heart against that amazing background is a fantastic design idea, and your arrangement of flowers are beautiful! It's pure wonderfulness, my friend! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pail of flowers and the way you did your sentiment! So happy you linked your lovely creation up to the Cropstop blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely arrangement and I love the way you did the sentiment also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, I like how you framed the hollyhocks dies with the heart background. So pretty! Thank you for playing in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete