Saturday, August 12, 2017

Sunset Tree Line



I'm finally getting the hang of using orange and turquoise together for the Impression Obsession Challenge.  This card reminds me of standing on a hill at Lake George, NY while the sun is setting,  looking over the lake at the purple mountains on the other side.

I started off by stamping the IO Tree Line Cover-a-Card Background stamp with Versamark Ink and heat embossing with some black embossing powder.  This stamp inks up so nicely the first time for being such a big stamp.

I then rubbed on a variety of distress inks using a Smoothie.  At the bottom of the card I used Salty Ocean and at the top of the card I first used Spun Sugar so the pink would mix with the blue for a bit of purple.  On top of the Spun Sugar, I applied Spiced Marmalade very lightly in the middle of the card and very heavily at the top.  The great thing about distress inks is how the colors separate; you can see some of the yellow that separated from the orange in the middle of the card.

The final step was to cut out and adhere the word "thanks" from the Impression Obsession DIE375.

These are the products used to make my card:

Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card Tree Line Background stamp, Impression  Obsession Thanks DIE375,  Distress Inks, black embossing powder

I'm also entering this card in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Ann

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ann ~ Beautifully and impressively done! Thanks for sharing.
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Ann! I have two questions for you. 1. What paper/cardstock are you using to emboss and ink blend on? 2. What is a Smoothie? Thanks in advance for answering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh! Love this! Thanks for sharing the technique, Ann! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, this is a gorgeous card. YOur use of the colors is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete